In pursuance of powers under clause (iii) of provision to rule 108 of the Central Motor Vehicles Rules, 1989,the Central Government hereby specified that vehicles carrying high dignitaries shall be permitted to use:-
Red Light with Flasher in the top front of the vehicles, while on duty anywhere in the country:-
- Prime Minister
- Former Presidents
- Deputy Prime Minister
- Chief Justice of India
- Speaker of the Lok sabha
- Cabinet Ministers of the Union
- Deputy Chairman, Planning Commission
- Former Prime Ministers
- Leaders of the opposition in the Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha
- Judges of Supreme Court.
- Chief Election Commissioner
- Comptroller and Auditor General of India
- Deputy Chairman, Rajya Sabha
- Deputy Speaker, Lok Sabha
- Ministers of the State of the Union.
- Members of Planning Commission
- Attorney General of India
- Cabinet Secretary
- Chief of Staff of the three services holding ran of full General or equivalent rank
- Deputy Ministers of the Union
- Officiating Chiefs of the three services holding the rank of Lt.General or equivalent rank.
- Chairman, Central Administrative Tribunal
- Chairman, Minorities Commission
- Chairman, Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes Commission
- Chairman, Union Public Service Commission
- Governor of Andhra Pradesh
- Vehicles escorting the vehicle of Governor
- Chief Secretary to Government.
- Director General of Police.
- Chief Justice of the High Court.
- Judges of the High Court.
- Chairman, A.P.Administrative Tribunal.
- Vice Chairman, Central Administrative Tribunal.
- Chief Miniter of Andhra Pradesh
- All Ministers
- Chairman, State Planning Board.
- Speaker of A.P.Legislative Assembly
- Chairman, A.P.Legislative Council.
- Deputy Speaker, A.P.Legislative Assembly.
- Deputy Chairman, A.P.Legislative Council.
In case the vehicle fitted with Red or Blue light on top front is not carrying dignitaries, then such light shall not be used and be covered by a black cover.
What are the actions taken on them who misuse and keep Beacons on cars?
If the vehicles found misuse and keep Beacons on cars we will book the cases under M.V. Act rules against the Violators.